Thanks to my lovely friend Izzy at Thinking and Inking for nominating me for this.
- Post the award to your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you
- State eleven facts about you
- Answer the questions
- Think of eleven more questions for the nominees
11 Facts About Me
- My go-to cup of tea is Earl Grey with milk and 1 sugar.
- I’ve been a veggie for 5 years now.
- Most of my conversations are between me and my 2 dogs, a big cuddly ridgeback named Naya and a little terrier named Freya.
- I’m a total crybaby, even just a particularly sad advert can get to me. Laughing also often ends in tears.
- I love cats but am allergic, which causes a massive internal struggle between wanting to stroke a cat and avoiding an allergic reaction.
- Languages interest me massively, I’m studying French and hope to study Italian, Russian and Sign Language in the future.
- I’m a fan of dying my hair but hate going to the hairdresser’s – smalltalk with a stranger for 3 hours is my nightmare.
- I like gaming but I really don’t have the attention span for it. I play too many different games at once, and still haven’t finished the 1st Assassin’s Creed after 3 years.
- My weirdest ‘fear’ (aversion) is baked beans. They’re disgusting and unnerve me.
- I’m a massive nail-biter, it’s my worst habit.
- Favourite poet?
I’m not a massive poetry buff, but I love Maya Angelou’s work (“Still I Rise” in particular) and Neil Gaiman manages to create vivid, rhythmic descriptions.
- Last song you listened to?
Had my music on shuffle walking through town, and it was Let It Be by the Beatles.
- If you could meet an author, living or dead, who would it be?
I think Oscar Wilde would make for some great conversations.
- How do you relax?
When I’m trying to relax I read, play games or listen to music. But most of the time, I just live in a constant state of worry and tension.
- If you could improve one thing about yourself, what would it be?
In terms of personality, I wish I took more risks and just went for things instead of over-thinking them. Physically, I wouldn’t mind going up cup size.
- Favourite book cover?
I love the cover for The Power by Naomi Alderman. It hints to you where the book is going, with the propaganda poster style.
- What’s guaranteed to make you laugh?
Something dry, sarcastic and a bit silly. There’s a ridiculous sketch by Joe Lycett which I love.
- Greatest dream for the future?
Career-wise I don’t know yet, but I hope to combine whatever I do with having my own family.
- What are you currently reading?
Storm of Swords (the 3rd Game Of Thrones book) by George R.R Martin. It’s amazing and I’d highly recommend it.
- Favourite fun fact?
A sound effect called the “Wilhelm Scream” has been used in over 350 films as well as hundreds of TV shows. It’s been in Star Wars, Titanic, Avatar, Lord of the Rings and the Minions.
- How would you describe yourself in three words?
Curious, distracted, emotional.
Thanks again to Izzy for nominating me, and forcing me to finally get round to posting.